Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Long Runs in the Hills and Juice Party

This post is a little late but I was lazy so I am just getting around to talking about my weekend. This past weekend I did a 9 mile run through the trails of Shady Canyon. It was a nice little run except that it is a bit hilly. I felt it in the knees after I was done but am all better today. It was also humid out but I was out there early enough to get it done before things got too warm.

This coming weekend is 4th of July and I have a 13-miler to get done, a BBQ to feast at and perhaps a stop at the Anime Expo. I have track practice this evening and an easy 3-4 mile run tomorrow morning.

Photo: Shady Canyon


Aside from the running, I also co-hosted a healthy afternoon tea party. This blog started out as an afternoon tea blog because I use to be really into afternoon tea and was having it quite often. I don't "tea" as much as I use to now, not sure why but perhaps it was the dairy-laced food that drove me away. So I attempted to create a healthy afternoon tea party with iced green juice instead of tea since it is summer. I suppose I could have served iced tea but green juice is so much better, imo. Plus, I tried to "healthify" some of the tea sandwiches and desserts. Since there was mixed company, there were still meat options and still some dairy-laced foods. Overall, I had a really fun time and managed to hurt my arm by taking my Wii games too seriously.

Photo: Washed spinach, vegan almond macaroons & crackers (Mother's), food spread, and large platter of tea sandwiches.

1 comment:

Southbaygirl said...

Shady Canyon looks beautiful!! Is it really hilly?