Thursday, June 10, 2010

I hate being Stationary!

Last night before I went to bed, I made plans that I would go for a little post marathon run this morning. This would have been my first run after the big race but it was not meant to be. Maybe it was due to the fact that I stayed up way too late watching the Ghost Whisperer marathon or maybe it was due to me inhaling a mango before bed. Who knows! Actually, none of that is true, I woke up this morning and still felt soreness from my legs. I think I pulled my left calf muscle a bit the other day walking down the stairs while carrying 3 bags. My right leg is not sore so I have a feeling it was the stairs that did it. This morning I went into the gym only to find out that I was not able to run. Not even slowly and doing leg work was also not happening. The only thing I was able to do that did not bother my calf was the stationary bike. For the most part I do not like biking. Not even outside. I just don't like it. What I hate worse is riding the stationary bike. It just blows; even more than the treadmill. But I did it. I got on that thing and spent 30 mins on it this morning. I was also on it yesterday morning for 30 mins. My calf better heal soon because I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Hopefully, this weekend I can do an 8 miler somewhere. Tomorrow, I plan to go out and run slowly and see how that goes. Maybe do a 4 mile run if I feel better. If not, you know where you can find me! :s

No comments: