Friday, December 23, 2011

Workout Trainer by Skimble

I was suppose to get a run in today but when I got to the gym, I was just not in the running mood. I never force myself to do something that my body isn't on board with. Never. I guess that is the secret to my continued passion for fitness.

I did get in one warm-up mile but I hopped off the treadmill after that and hopped on the Spinner bike to do an interval workout. I found this neat little free App on my iPhone last night called Workout Trainer by Skimble which is a program with a listing of tabata workouts that you can do with little to no equipment. What's neat about the App is that everything is timed for you and the audio profile will verbally guide you through the workout. It will tell you when to work hard, when to rest and it will countdown the seconds for you. I'm used to being the one that tells people what to do on the Spinner bike so it was nice not to have to think too much and just go!


I was drenched by the end of the 32 minute interval Spinner bike workout so I'm going to give it two thumbs up. It is simple too. It is best done on a Spinner or stationary bike but you could also do this outside on a bike on a level, smooth and uninterrupted terrain. I think doing this inside is probably safer and more controlled.

So you do 4 rounds of the following with a 2 minute recovery in between sets.

10 secs - Intense Effort
45 secs - Recovery
10 secs - Intense Effort
45 secs - Recovery
15 secs - Intense Effort
45 secs - Recovery
20 secs - Intense Effort
45 secs - Recovery
15 secs - Intense Effort
45 secs - Recovery
10 secs - Intense Effort
45 secs - Recovery
10 secs - Intense Effort

The 32 minutes just flew by. I did some HIIT and some Abs after this and called it a day.

No comments: