Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2011 Big Sur Marathon - I Signed Up!

Date: May 1, 2011
Location: Big Sur to Carmel, CA
Start: 6:45am
Finish: ??:??:??
Elevation:
Pre-race commentary: Gulp!!

Post-race: The above elevation chart is for the original Big Sur Marathon course. This year due to the collapse of a section of the road on the PCH, a new course was devise. I heard this happened once before a few years back. They will go back to the original course next year after everything gets repaired but for now let's see what this change will hold. I may even  go back next year to ran this course as it was meant to be. I'll let ya know! ;^)

2 comments:

Julie D said...

I definitely want to do this one day, so I'm excited for you! I'm trying to keep my first half of the year (before the end of the semester) as clear as possible in terms of races -- I only have LA Marathon and then probably Fargo, which is in May but AFTER school lets out.

Or else I would have considered!

Glenn Jones said...

I hear this marathon is about as beautiful as it comes. It's the last hill that you need to save yourself for....