Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WTW

Guess what day it was today? If you guessed that it was Wednesday Track Workout (WTW) day then you would be correct. If you didn't guess that, then you don't know me at all.

It was really hot out. It was so warm that I couldn't believe that it was actually 7am.

Today was the third week of track workouts for me. I haven't officially started training for the Long Beach Half yet so I will be spending another month warming up at the track until I do. I think I am going to do another week of 800s before moving on to some ladder workouts, 400s or mile repeats. I need to work up to that stuff.


So this week I repeated the same workout I did the last couple of weeks. Which was six sets of 800s with a 2 minute recovery. I'm improving but it is slow going. Set 5 felt the easiest of them all but aside from the first set which was sort of a warm-up lap, it was also one of my slowest lap so that explains that. The last set is my fastest lap to date, since I started 2 two weeks ago. I felt pretty good running it. Maybe that just means that I could have spread some of that energy out to even up my overall pacing.


No comments: