Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Beachwood BBQ - Long Beach, CA

Last Friday en route to the Long Beach Marathon expo at the LB Convention Center, my coworkers and I stopped into Beachwood BBQ for lunch. It's "where the fork meets the pork" I hear! ;) We didn't just randomly stop here, it was preselected. We were aiming for a twofer...grab lunch and pickup race bib. One of my coworkers said that they had a good beer selection here. I went online and noticed that they also serve up BBQ here!

This is the large bar that occupies a large part of the restaurant and you see it just as you walk in. They did have a good selection of beer on tap but I didn't have any, mainly because it was the middle of a work day and I was racing the next day. But the beers did look good!



We shared some Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Pickles. The breading on the tomato was pretty good. The green unripe tomato and fried pickles were so-so. 


Three out of the four of us order the Buffalo Sloppy Joe w/ fried sage leaves. I ordered mine with a side of collard greens, which was tasty but the Sloppy Joe blew my mind! It hasn't even been a week yet and I am already anticipating the next time I can have one. It is amazing! Really flavorful and exceeded my expectations. It blew my mind because it was not what I was expecting to get at a place like this, it was so much more! This is a must try if you are ever in the downtown Long Beach area.


Beachwood BBQ (Various locations)
210 E 3rd St.,
Long Beach, CA 90802
562-436-4020

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

Very cool. I'm always on the lookout for BBQ!