Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Dad's Garden - Part 1

I titled this post "My Dad's Garden - Part 1" because over the years the garden at my parents' home has changed so many times and this post will be the first of many that I want to share. Why? Because I feel like I grew up with that garden. My family and I spent so much time playing and hanging out in that little space. Whenever I visit my parents these days, I always find time to go out back and have a look and take some photos. That garden will always remind me of my dad because he use to spend so much time tending to it. He still does, but not as much as he use to. That's why the grass in the photos below are brown. My dad not only has a green thumb but it seems like all his fingers are green. He can make just about anything grow. It's like he is one with the earth. I wish I could say that about myself, but I am like the plant angel of death. No explanation needed for that phrase. So, I will continue to dig around my photo stash because I remember a time when there were so many fruit trees back there. In the meantime, here are some photos of my dad's garden from my recent visit.







1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

What is it with parents and vegetable/fruit gardens? Mine are the same way.