Friday, March 2, 2012

The Weekend Is Here!

I've been sitting in my office all week. I'm going to make it a point to spend time outdoors this weekend. My foot pain has gone away. I feel so lucky that R.I.C.E was all it took. It could have been much worse but I think the fact that I tried really hard to stay off my foot and not run for 1.5 weeks was what really helped speed the recovery along. It wasn't really all that hard to convince myself not to run. It was just too painful to do so. I was limping around the first couple of days. I missed my scheduled 20-mile training run for the LA Marathon last weekend. That run was actually pretty difficult for me to blow off but I just wasn't able to run one step. Missing that run created a lot of fear and concerns for my preparedness for my upcoming race. I think I finally came to accept that the training run wasn't going to happen when I started to think that if I had to that I would walk the marathon. I know, what a crazy thought! People always think it hurts more to run fast and it does but being on your feet for 6+ hours is just as painful. I am hoping to just run a conservation time, enjoy the course and just keep going until I reach the finish line. Keeping it simple!

This weekend I'm going to try to get in a long mid distance run. I don't know what my foot is going to feel like after a couple of miles so I am going to play it by ear foot. I just need to remind myself what it feels like to run again. It is not going to be pretty but it needs to be done.

Chicrunner tweeted about this March-Photo-A-Day and seeing that I did something similar last year, I thought that I would join in. I am just going to post the collage on March 31 instead of posting a photo each day. I know, that defeats the purpose but that is how I am choosing to do this.


Also, I think I am going to sign up for this free virtual race hosted by RunWithJess, if for no other reason than the fact that I really like this graphic. Head on over there to check it out. It's free and there are prizes! Good prizes! I'm taking about Sparkle Skirts, Nuun, Road ID, iTunes, GU Energy...I don't know about you but those are some of my favorite running things.

No comments: