Monday, March 12, 2012

Daylight Saving and a "Long" Run

Saturday morning I went out for a 10-mile run. It was the first and only long run I've done in preparation for the LA Marathon because of all the races I packed into the month of January and parts of February and then getting injured a couple of weeks ago. This upcoming weekend is going to be a tragedy. More than usual.


And look at this madness! "Showers" on race day. I hope "showers" is a code word for no rain. I don't have any delusions of grandeur for this race. I seriously just want to cross that finish line in one piece.


After my run on Saturday, we headed to Cucina Enoteca for a leisurely lunch. I've had a bad week at work and nothing soothes my soul like a drawn out leisurely meal. 


I had a bowl of Tuscan Kale soup and the Farmer's Chopped Salad. Both were amazing! I forgot to order the dressing on the side for the salad so it was more heavily dressed than I liked but it was still good.


M had pizza and those amazing truffle fries!


By now I hope everyone has adjusted their clocks forward to reflect Daylight Saving Time. Don't know why they still do this. I don't know about everyone else but this always messes up my internal clock and it takes me weeks to get readjusted. I had a hard time waking up this morning and missed my morning workout. It's race week, I better shape up and quick!

1 comment:

giraffy said...

Hey, I ran the trail Saturday morning too!