Monday, April 8, 2013

These Are A Few

One week from today, I'm going to be running the Boston Marathon! That's right, the countdown has officially started!

I thought that I would start off this week with a product review post. It's been a really long time since I've done one and you can be sure that I'll be taking all of these items with me to Boston. This is not going to be like one of my regular reviews where I spend an entire post on one item. Instead this is going to be more like a bulletpoint list of  items that I am really loving as of late. Plus, these items have been around and thoroughly reviewed by many others already so no need to beat a dead horse. This list is in no particular order.

1) First up is Nuun's electrolyte tablets. I was introduced to Nuun during my stint as a member of the 2012 So Much Cooler Online Ragnar team in which Nuun was a sponsor. I really like that they are so convenient, portable, easy to use and comes in a lot of flavors. You just pop a tablet into your water bottle and go. You will have to break the tablets in half if you are going to put it in a regular bottle of water. You also want to leave the lid off of your bottle while the tablet dissolves unless you want to be sprayed with Nuun water when you go take your first sip. Obviously, I use these on my runs but I also love having a nice cold bottle of Nuun water with me during spin class or just working out in the gym.


2) Pro Compression socks are another item I was introduced to during the Ragnar stint as they were also a sponsor. Now before you start thinking that I am only writing this post to review sponsor products, you should know that I purchased all these items with my own money. I have just come to really enjoy using them. Anyhow, I am a huge fan of the knee high compression socks. I wear them to run, spin and do crossfit. I also wear them for post race recovery and of course because they come in all sorts of fun colors and are cute as heck. They even have one that matches my neon yellow Hello Kitty shirt. Enough said.



3) I switched over to Asics' Gel Kayano 18 after being a loyal Adidas fan for years. The last update to the Adidas Supernova left something to be desired. It changed so much that it no longer worked for me (read: blisters and other foot issues). After trying a couple of other Adidas models, and getting some nice blisters and foot pains, I realized that I was finally done with them and that it was time to move on. Yeah it's just a shoe but when it's your primary piece of equipment, it's important to get the right one. When is a shoe not just a shoe? When you're at the final last couple of miles and having the right shoes means the difference between running it in and getting a giant blister and having to walk the rest of the way. I am currently using the Gel Kayano 19, an update to the Kayano 18 and I love it even more.


4) Sunscreen! I have to admit that I haven't always been religious about using sunscreen but you live and you learn. If in doubt, just use it. Use it often and daily. If I could go back in time, using more sunscreen would definitely be at the top of my list of things I wish I could have done more of. I love this one from Coppertone. It is a sweat-proof spray with 70+ SPF. This is a must since I run in SoCal, the land of a lot of sunshine. I use this on my body because you can get it on fairly quickly.


5) More sunscreen please! I love this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid sunblock with 70 SPF. I use this one on my face. I am really particular about facial products. I think that's the primary reason why I wear very little makeup. This sunscreen is more runny than regular sunscreen but it feels really nice when you put it on. Plus, I feel like it doesn't make my face as shiny as some other types of facial suncreen. I love it!



1 comment:

Boston Bound Brunette said...

Have a great time in Boston! I know you will do great and what a huge accomplishment!