Saturday, March 30, 2013

2013 Angels 5K - Race Recap

Date: March 30, 2013
Location: Anaheim Stadium
Start: 7am
Finish: 23:52








I ran a 5K this morning! Yeah can you imagine? I am so rusty at this distance currently. I'm pretty much rusty with all distances at the moment but this...yeah I wasn't expecting much of myself today. Some coworkers and I signed up for this race a couple of months ago so this morning I got up at 5am and got ready to head out to Angel Stadium.

Packet pick-up was pretty effortless except when I went to get my shirt they informed me that they did not have any more smalls. I never understand how this happens. I registered months ago and asked for a small shirt. Did they just give my shirt to someone else?!? I hate that!! So I ended up with a race dress. But check out my bib number!


The course was pretty flat except for a slight incline towards the end followed by a shape downhill ending on another incline into the stadium. Running on the circular track inside the stadium made it difficult to sprint the last part. There was a shape turn out of the stadium to the finish line and it was kind of slippery because of the gravel/sand that lined the stadium track.


So I have to say that the best thing about entering into a new race age bracket is that I came in second in my age division. Imagine that.


Logistically, this was a very convenient race. I found parking right away when I got there a little before 6am. Aside from them running out of small shirts, the packet pick-up was quick and easy. There were some pretty good vendors on site. Lots of giveaway items. I even won a free evening of Galaxy bowling from Boomer's. Plus, Melissa's produce was a sponsor of the race so look what they were handing out after the race. It was a good little race to get my heart pumping fast again. I think I'm going to sign up for another 5K in a couple of months just to gauge the progress.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My boyfriend did this one today! It looks so fun - how many times can you run the Angels outfield? :)