Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Original Fish Company - Los Alamitos, CA

A couple of weeks ago, M and I had dinner with his parents. They took us to a local seafood restaurant. I'd been here before but I guess I wasn't wowed the first time. This time around, the food really knocked me off my feet. I must have ordered the wrong thing that first time.

Let's start with the bread basket...it was filled with these warm sourdough rolls that were crusty and chewy on the outside and soft on the inside. Everything a piece of bread should be. We also ordered the calamari which had a nice light breading, fried and seasoned perfectly and it came with a pretty good marinara sauce. Can't complain, it was delicious! The seafood is so fresh here. My entree came with a choice of soup or salad. I selected the soup. In particular, I selected the Manhattan (red) Clam Chowder over the regular white chowder. So good, I died! I'm very picky about my red chowder but it is done right at this place. I could come here just for the soup even if they had nothing else. It's that good.


For my entree, I ordered the Shrimp & Scallops Mesquite Grilled Salad and it was amazing!! So amazing that it made my top ten list of delicious food I ate this year. I haven't released the list yet as I normally do that at the end of the year but you can be sure that this salad will be on it.


M had the Fish & Chips and tried it with vinegar for the first time and liked it! M's parents had a bowl of clam chowder and a shrimp and rice place that came with a side salad that did not look very good to me.

And for dessert...Key Lime Pie. It wasn't mine, I was stuffed. It smelled and looked so pretty. The waitress tells me they have bread pudding. I was sad that I was so full. I'm coming back here soon to have just red chowder and bread pudding. I'm really looking forward to that...so much!


The Original Fish Company
11061 Los Alamitos Boulevard
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
(562) 594-4553

No comments: