Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolution Fun Run 2012

I don't think I have ever ran on new year's day. Staying up pass my bedtime the night before is never a good way to ensure that a morning run will occur.

This year I signed up for the Resolution Run hosted by Amanda over at Run To The Finish. When today rolled around, I had serious doubts that I would run today but then I remember what I had written on my bib...


...this!


So after lunch, I got in my car and drove to a nearby park. I didn't know how many miles I would run, so I just started running and told myself that I could stop when I got tired. It was hot as Hades out today. Hard to believe that this is winter. To be honest, it's been awhile since I've ran outside. I don't like running when it is too cold out. I just don't run well so I've been doing almost all my running on the treadmill. I've forgotten how nice it is to run outside.


Time flies when you're having fun.


Before I knew it, I had cranked out 10 miles.


And got a nice tan to boot. No, not really, it's more of a runner's tan if you know what I mean.


There are lots of birds and water fouls at this park just walking around. Okay, so there might have been a guy nearby when I snapped this photo with a very large bag of bread crumbs. I was doing some post run stretching nearby when I spotted them.


This was about as close as I felt comfortable getting to them. They were pretty big.


No comments: