Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Parting Is Such Sweet/Savory Sorrow

Today we are going to talk about food! I know I already talk about food on a regular basis around here but this post is somewhat about dieting. Okay, so it is about dieting. So for the most part, I don't talk too much about dieting on this site because basically I don't diet. I eat healthy most of the time and try to stay within reason with the not so healthy stuff. There have been days when I've really gone overboard. As in 'food como' overboard. Can't go back and change that now so I move on. 

For the most part I think I eat pretty healthy. That was until recently when I scanned through my photos from last year and found all these photos of cupcakes that I may or may not have eaten. Eek! Keep in mind that these are just the ones I remembered to photograph. There may be countless others that I may have eaten on the go or in my closet. Also, you will notice that these are just cupcakes, not to include regular cakes and other forms of desserts and sweets. I didn't want to shock you with that collage. Plus I don't think it would have all fit on one collage. Wow, I have one heck of a sweet tooth.


Let's have a look at my other food obsession...namely ramen. So this is a collage of all the photos I took of ramen last year. I'm certain that there were more bowls than shown here eaten by me. Oh wow, I've eaten quite a few bowls. And by 'few', I mean a million. Ramen is a comfort food for me. I crave it when I'm happy, sad or when it is cold outside. Basically anytime is a good time for ramen. I cannot think of a time when I have turned down a bowl of ramen. Just won't do it. 

As good as ramen is, it is also a big bowl of too much carb, sodium and fat. Duh, that's why it tastes so good.


Cupcakes and ramen. That's me in a nutshell. And I'm okay with that because I will always be a foodie at heart. That part is just never going to change. That's why I try to do something active everyday. And even though the cupcakes and ramen only represent a small percentage of my overall total consumption, I want to make an effort to eat healthier and eat these things occasionally as treats instead of as a regular part of my eating plan. Some day...perhaps this year, I would like to have visible abs. So for the month of January I'm not going to have any cupcakes and ramen. I'm a 'cold-turkey' kind of person. It works for me. I'm sure as the year progresses these things will find their ways back to my eating plan but I want to be more mindful about this. Let's face it, if I am traveling somewhere and see cupcakes or ramen that I haven't tried before, you can be sure that I will be having some. Note to self...everything in moderation.

Up next I'll show you more of what I AM eating these days instead of cupcakes and ramen. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Not sure how I could be any more fond of cupcakes and ramen but we shall see.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

Oh boy, this post made me really hungry..for cupcakes...and ramen...hehe.

Monika said...

Love your ramen collage! noodles are one of my favorite things in the entire world! Udon is my fave though, closely followed by pho noodles. Which are what, thicker bun noodles? Rice right? anyways, ramen is my third fave. :)

naomi said...

I'm not sure how, but I recently found your blog. Given that I love cupcakes and recently developed an obsession with ramen, this is the best. post. ever. EVER.