Friday, March 26, 2010

First run post marathon

Yesterday when I was randomly walking down the hallway at work, I noticed that my quads were feeling a lot better. I was so happy, I sorta ran in the hallway a bit. Yeah, I do that a lot here at work so no one really pays any attention to me. I decided to see if it still hurts to walk down the stairs and I am happy to say it does not. I work on the third floor of my building and I try to use the stairs whenever I can but this past week has been difficult. Needless to say, I was using the elevator a lot. I always feel bad when I use it because I feel it wastes energy.

This morning, I went to the gym to do some running and managed an easy 10 min/mile pace for 4.8 miles. It was a really nice relaxing jog. I am not quite back to normal yet but I am getting there. I am planning to either do an easy 8 or 10 tomorrow to get back into the swing of things. As I mentioned before, I have a 19 mile run two weekends from now and I want to be prepared.

Friday is finally here, I cannot be happier. Be back on Monday with photos of the weekend. TGIF!

I did some cooking last night but forgot to take photos. It was nothing extraordinary. I made roasted caramelized shallot chicken and had it with some swiss chard and roasted kabocha (Japanese squash). I don't know how I feel about kabocha. It reminds me of sweet potatoes which I love but there is something I don't like about it. Don't think I will buy it again but am glad I tried it out. And yes, I am going to the farmers market tomorrow to check out what goodies they have now that spring is here. So excited!

Finally, I am obsessed with peanuts. Roasted peanuts to be exact. Right out of the shell kind that these nice guys at the farmers market roast fresh everyday. Seriously, they are fabulous. You can trust me, I am eating them right now. :D

1 comment:

Glenn Jones said...

A nineteen mile training run? My god! I can't even think about long runs yet! Way to go again on an outstanding run last weekend.

About the eating thing - for my first marathon I tried to train *and* lose weight and failed miserably at both. Since then I try to concentrate on the training piece when I have a marathon in my sights. Now that that is over though, it's back to watching the calories.

Spaking of peanuts - have you ever been tothe south and had fresh boiled peanuts? If not, the next time you're in Florida or Georgia you *must* try some!

Best of luck and hope to see you around the trails of Irvine!