Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Twenty Fourteen

I'm about eight days late on putting up this post but then again it has been over two months since I last blogged so what's a couple more days.

A new year is upon us and I'm normally pretty jazzed about the prospect of a fresh start but I have to say that so many amazing things happened in 2013 that I'm sad to see it end.

I got married.


We honeymooned in paradise (aka Turks and Caicos).


I ran the Boston Marathon.


I re-qualified for Boston and got a new marathon PR in the process.


I placed in my age group for the first time at a local 10K.


I'm going to be someone's mommy soon.


Speaking of that...here are the latest progress photos. I'm currently at seven months or 30 weeks along. He has really started to move around in there...like a lot. Every once in awhile he will give me a good ol' kick to show me just how strong he is getting. Ten more weeks until I get to meet my little man!!


I had a very relaxing holiday with my family. I mean I still dislike the craziness of the holidays and the whole gift giving thing but I just love when the whole family gets together.

For the first time in many years, I didn't make any resolutions came January 1. I figure that I will probably have my hands full with the birth and care of my baby, becoming a working mom and getting back into running shape before the end of the year. I feel like this year has already laid itself out in front of me and my only goal will be to survive and thrive with each challenge.

Welcome to 2014! Make it a year to remember.


4 comments:

Becka said...

You had a very full year!! Can't wait to see the baby :D

giraffy said...

I maintain that you're an adorable pregnant person.

j5292 said...

I love your bump!!

Dolly said...

Congratulations on your upcoming delivery of your bundle of joy. I haven't checked your blog in awhile. Motherhood is wonderful!!!