Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Catching up

It is really starting to look like I am only posting here once a week...ok it not only looks that way but is indeed a fact. I was actually thinking of posting everyday once I start Chicago Marathon training which will start in about 2 weeks. Not sure how that will fare since that will be the week right after the San Diego RnR Marathon but maybe I will post even if I don't do any running.

I am thinking of doing this for a couple of reasons:
1) I will be training to BQ at Chicago. So my goal will be to run an 8:20 pace or under. I want to record my feelings after my runs to see how long it takes me to go nuts from the training. ;)
2) I am actually going to focus on training this time and not just fool around during training and hope for the best on race day. I do this a lot mainly because running is fun to me and following a tight schedule is not.
3) This is just a random fact but Chicago will be my 9th marathon. I still remember when I use to be afraid of marathons. The thought of running more than 4 miles was just beyond me. I think I've come a long way with a long path ahead of me.

So there it is. I swear that I am a better runner than blogger. Don't judge me by the frequency of my blog postings but rather by the frequency of how often I replace my sneakers. :^)

I am planning a 6 mile run tomorrow and a 5 miler on Friday and then I get to rest until race day Monday. Wish me luck because based on the pattern of my postings, I will probably not post again until next week. Ciao!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Just re-found your blog after a long time away. Good luck in SD!

Glenn Jones said...

Are you doing Laguna Hills? Man you are crazy! A hilly half the week before a full? Have fun and good luck!

Oh - and I'm not training for a marathon per se. I'm training *using* a marathon plan.