Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hills and the countdown to Ragnar LA

This morning, I finally got outside to run. It was long, it was hilly and at some point I wasn't sure if I was going to make it back to the starting point. I ran the Lower Back Bay, up San Joaquin (throwup hill) and then ascended the Jamboree hill. I ran 7.7 miles in 64 mins. It was humbling. Not that I thought I was such a good runner before but having ran on the treadmill for many many days now, I had not expect it to have been as hard as it was. Maybe the LA Marathon would have been that much easier had I ran this route a couple of times prior to the race.

Next Friday is the Ragnar, and
to be honest, I have not packed. I am going to be doing some shopping this weekend to get all the stuff that I think I will need. I think I might start the packing this weekend so that I don't forget anything. I am still having concerns about the sleeping arrangements, so I am hoping that I will be so tired that I will just knock out at some point before my final leg. It will be an interesting post when I return.

To end on a sweet note, look what Larabar came out with! I am a big ol' Larabar fan. It is my dessert of choice. I cannot wait to try this.

2 comments:

Julie D said...

That looks yummy!

You may want to invest in some "dry shampoo." They have a travel sized one at Sephora for $11... don't get the spray one because mine blocked up. There's a tubie one for the same price.

Glenn Jones said...

Throwup Hill? Nice nickname! That's where I do my hill repeats when I'm training. Up down up dwn up down puke! Yes! I can see why it's called that!