Sunday, December 6, 2009

2009 Las Vegas Half Marathon - Race Recap

Date: December 6, 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Time: 1:52:25

Commentary (2/9/2011): Back posting again. I seem to remember that this was the first year that RocknRoll took over this marathon. They changed the course from previous years when it use to be owned by the Devine Race Management company, which also use to run the LA Marathon.

I ran the half marathon course which was an out and back on the famous Vegas strip. The marathon course started out on the strip but then went into residential parts of Vegas and returned through the back parking lots of some of the hotels and back to Mandalay Bay. I guess I had not taken any other photos on this Vegas trip because I can't seem to find any. We stayed at the host hotel, the Mandalay Bay Hotel. This was great because the starting line was just right outside the hotel.

It was a very cold year for this race. I remember it was 30 degrees on race morning. Brrrr! Check out all the clothes I wore to run. I was still cold the entire time. 


No comments: