Monday, June 10, 2013

I Don't Care If Monday's Blue

Over the weekend, I went out for a run...on trails. I don't know why but every summer I feel the need to run on softer grounds and climb some ridiculous elevations. That first run on trails after running on roads all Spring is always shocking. The shock is a mix of good and not so good. Good because my knees and joints can feel a difference right away. Not so good because I always forget that I can't run on trails the same way I run on paved roads. After a couple of runs and some adjustments I start to get the hang of it again. And when I say "get the hang of", I mean on beginner trails, not anything like the stuff experienced trail runners take on. For instance, I'm not ready for any sort of water crossing or elevations that require a running start to traverse.

There's a couple of trail races coming up that I've been eyeing for awhile but haven't committed to. Recently, I was digging around on Ultra Signup and noticed that they've reorganized and updated all the results and races into one neat little site. I haven't looked into trail races in many months so I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to find stuff on there now. Anyhow, long story short, I might be adding another trail race to my schedule soon.


One of the many perks of trail running is the scenery. Never gets old. There is just something about standing above it all. On this particular run, I ran into a coyote. Obviously, I was more afraid of him then he was of me, so I just turned around and went another way. There must be a lot of coyotes where I run or I just have the worst luck because I am always running into them.


And what's the point of all that running if not to 'eat all the things'. The husband and I met up with Pam and her hubby for dinner later that evening where we buried our heads in this bucket o' seafood! Good times!


And in case there was still any space left in my stomach after that, I made sure to take care of that with Sunday Brunch at Taps to celebrate my sister and b.i.l's anniversary. Have you ever been there? It's worth a visit.


2 comments:

giraffy said...

Trails are the best!!

Let me know what you pick; I am also trying to make up my mind...

Becka said...

Trails are the best. I'm hoping to get some trails in my "running" mix when A is gone this summer.