Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thai Food and A Walk in the Hills

I finally went out for a run this morning and it felt pretty good but I wasn't running very fast since it was a hilly run. I had planned to only do 7 miles max and ended up doing 9 because I had to use the restroom half-way to my destination and ran off-course to look for one. :( Let's not speak of this again. I may run that same route again tomorrow since it was really very nice outside today. Very hot though so need to get up super early again!

So last night instead of practicing my culinary skills, I went to have Thai food instead at Thai Cafe. Yeah, they just cook so much better than me...by far. This is my new favorite Thai food place if only because it is close to where I live. But it is actually very good. I come here quite often. At least once a week or every other week.


This structure use to be a Mexican restaurant that I never went to but heard bad things about. Perhaps that is why they are no longer here. I can only guess that the interior has since been re-done because it doesn't look like a Mexican restaurant any more.


Here we have some lovely brown rice, beef & broccoli, and some very yummy pad thai.


Updated 1/4/2011: Ate here during December 2010 and had a really yummy beef and broccoli chow fun. Not very healthy but it was so delicious!


Update 5/2011: Shrimp spring rolls. I love these spring rolls!


Glass noodle salad - this dish is really fresh, healthy and delicious.


Update 6/2011: I ordered the Tom Yum Noodle Soup but swapped rice noodles for glass noodles. Tasty! I wish the glass noodles were thicker though.


Hahaha...so this is what it looks like when you are lactose intolerant and go into a Yogurtland! Yes, you get to have some toppings but no yogurt! My life is sad sometimes but these toppings were still good: walnuts, kiwi, small gummy bears, lychee, tiny pb cups, and tiny cookie dough balls.


After all that eating, a walk was in order. I haven't walked after dinner in so long, I can't even remember but my mom use to tell me that it can help with digestion. Plus the weather was so nice in the evening yesterday that this seemed like a great idea and it was. I live by a pretty trail that is great for evening strolling or more often used by bikers and runners. This path is also a "shortcut" to my work..meaning some 7 miles away but it is a shortcut to me because the other path to work that I sometimes run on is about 8.5 miles. I try to run to work at least once a week. There's my little pup...trucking along. He is super fit for his size (7.5 lbs). He walked a whopping 2.5 miles total with an incline for the first mile. He surprised me with his endurance.


Here are some more photos of the walking/biking path. I really need to walk after dinner more often and I will because I plan to do this every chance I get while the weather is nice. It was lovely!



Thai Cafe
14715 Jeffrey Road
Irvine, CA 92618-0401
(949) 559-5382

3 comments:

Julie D said...

Poor Tiniest B!

Glenn Jones said...

Nice! Is this the Thai restaurant in the plaza off of Barranca and Culver? I'm always on the lookout for good Thai food. If you're ever in Laguna Beach you *must* try Thai Brothers.

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

I want some Thai food right now!!!

These ice cream places REALLY need to get some options for lactose intolerant folks. Really, you know, that would be a GREAT business, since milk is the #1 allergen food in the world...really!!