Monday, March 14, 2011

Daylight Savings

Why do they still implement Daylight Savings? It always messes up my internal clock. I know it is just an hour but it always takes me an entire week to readjust. I should consider moving to Arizona.

If you missed my weekend post, I went to visit Sister K at her school on Saturday and we had lunch at Urth Caffe and then dessert at Famous Cupcake.

Then on Sunday, I hung out with Sister S. I woke up terribly late in the day because of Daylight Savings. I told you it messes with me big time. So we spent a relaxing day doing some baking and spending some time in her garden.

We made Irish Soda Bread. I have a post coming up in the next couple of days with more baking details. 


Spring is upon us for sure. Look at this healthy parsley. I need to make some Italian food very soon.


Lemonade, anyone?


Flowers


More flowers...


Oranges


I thought this lemon was perfect!


My brother-in-law made scallops sauteed in butter...


...with some sauteed veggies.


This was very good. Good job B-I-L!


I went to the grocery store and noticed that all the Easter candy was out on display. Yum!


I also spotted this bag of Mexican candy and had to try it. It is a mango flavored hard candy with a salty and sour chili center. I ate a lot of this type of candy growing up as I lived in a largely Hispanic populated area in Los Angeles. I apologize if I am improperly classifying these types of candies but I do think that they are indeed made in Mexico, thereby making them Mexican candies. All I know is that I love the combination of sweet, salty, sour and spicy all in one candy.


LA Marathon in 5 days!!!

No comments: