Friday, October 23, 2009

Recovery, Crocheting, Marathon Training and Some Minor Baking!




Wow, where have I been? Doesn't matter because here I am now. So this past week I spent recovering from the Long Beach Marathon, figuring out my Los Angeles Marathon training plan, crocheting up a storm and I even found a bit of time to bake. I feel like my life is just out of control lately. Well, more like just unorganized and I hate that feeling. I need to get my ducks in a row. So my ultimate goal for the LA is of course to BQ (yes I will chase that until it is done). My more attainable goal is to come in under 4 hours, which will be nice because LA 2010 will be the 5th time I've ran that race and I want to get that special colored bib reserved for those who run a sub-4 in 2011. I want to be one of those people. So I will try hard. I will once again be training with D and the Team Margarita. I did better training with them than with ICR. Well in their defense I did miss a couple of important long runs which I think messed up my training and tapered too soon and slacked a bit towards the end. Not to mention I was sick the first 2 months of the training program. Overall, I know where all my failures were which is a good thing so I know not to repeat it again. I have a really good feeling that sub-4 will be mine soon! Muhahaha. Anyways, next up for me is the Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon, which will be super fun if only that it is not a marathon...don't think I can run anymore of those this year...too much! I am still thinking about doing the Mission Inn 1/2 Marathon in early November since it is my old stomping grounds and I love the Mission Inn. It is the cutest place ever. Rustic and reminds me of my college days. I have some options for some 1/2 Marathons in January that I have not committed to yet and then Surf City in February and then it all just starts to ramp up from there. Full year of running which is great. I am looking forward to it all. Hopefully I get to travel to someplace new next year to run. Ok, too long, gotta go!

1 comment: